Tuesday, 22 February 2011

My Personal Top 5 Free Online FPS Games

Hey guys, today I decided to bring you my favorite free First Person Shooter games on the internet... I have played all of these games at one time or another, and this is my personal choice, whether or not you agree with it. I overall judged them by graphics, % of games without hackers, maps/weapon variety, and just personal preference.



1. Combat Arms -best online FPS game IMO, well updated, "fewest" hackers,great guns, expensive to have the best guns in the game.
http://combatarms.nexon.net/
Get into intense firefights online for free with COMBAT ARMS! Customize your character and weapons, and drop into the action! Combat Arms is one of the better free to play shooter games currently available. The only major flaw with the game is the fact that everything you purchase has an expiration date, and weapons have to be constantly re-purchased. Combat Arms is actually one of the first mega popular MMOFPS games in the U.S., as it launched in North America back in mid 2008. Even though the game is several years old now, the Nexon constantly keeps the game updated with new maps, modes and weapons.

 Screenshot:


______________________________________________________________









2.Crossfire
 http://crossfire.z8games.com/

A number of soldiers who once belonged to the world-leading Special Forces joined 'Global Risk', the international mercenary forces corporation.

The mercenaries carried out difficult missions for the organization, but they have distinctive differences from 'Black List' who commit terror only for profit. Despite an appreciable sum of money, the mercenaries have never participated in any battle without justifiable reasons and they live up to their conviction to fight against terrorists. Based on their practical battle experiences and skills, Global Risk seeks to expand its power.

Main clients of Global Risk are third world countries without their own national militaries, countries on the black list of terrorists, and the UN X-File Bureau implementing secret missions.

Screenshot:


______________________________________________________________

3. Soldier Front / AVA (ijji Site)
sfront.ijji.com/
 ava.ijji.com/


 Soldier Front is one of the first few tactical MMO shooters and is published by IJJI. The game’s success helped accelerate the growth of tactical shooting games that almost every MMO publisher now has. Unfortunately, since Soldier Front is one of the oldest shooters, its not nearly as polished as newer games like Nexon’s Combat Arms or Netgame’s Operation 7. Fortunately the game isn’t all bad, it does have a good selection of weapons and equipment in the item store and a large selection of playable maps. Soldier Front also doesn’t demand a high end graphics card or CPU, so the game should be able to run smoothly on lower end machines.

Screenshot:
 
 
______________________________________________________________

 







4. Sudden Attack - large Korean Community Base
suddenattack.asiasoftsea.net/

 Sudden Attack is a tactical shooter MMOFPS that closely resembles the classic FPS Counter-Strike. The game was originally released in South Korea in 2004, and only recently made its way to North America.  Even though the game is a bit aged, Sudden Attack still fares well against newer MMOFPS’s. It’s also fair to say that Sudden Attack is incredibly original, as it basically pioneered the free-to-play MMOFPS genre.
Screenshot:
 












______________________________________________________________


5. F.E.A.R.– 1800 MB-Great Graphics

F.E.A.R. (‘fear’ for the friends) is an acronym meaning First Encounter Assault Recon; ‘Fear’ fits the game, though. Most people know or have played the game (perhaps even one of the expansions), but not a lot of people know that the included multiplayer mode has been released on the internet by its makers, giving you the opportunity to download it for free! In the game you can play as a member of the Special Forces or as one of the cloned soldiers.

Screenshots:  



Got 10$?

Steam rocks :D

37 comments:

  1. All great games. I might actually start playing some of these again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counterstrike is the best for sure. I did play a free FPS once called 'Warrock.' It may still be around, I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah with all that CounterStrike clearly provides the best gameplay \m/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know some of those were free. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome list for anyone looking to get into FPSs without breaking the bank. Thanks man, I'll have to show this to some people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All good except hackers turn me off esp combat arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything that is free is 2x as good as if you paid for it. Fact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was really surprising. A true FPS fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love FPS's, following with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to play CS professionally...even though it's not free it's still a game everyone should have in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big CounterStrike fan here :D

    Nice choices, really, I see you really like realistic warfare games. Have you tried Battlefield Heroes?

    ReplyDelete
  12. CS and Fear.
    Nice blog you got here :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should try a free FPS called Urban Terror. Kinda quake meets counterstrike. Very fast pace with parkour elements!

    I will b trying out F.E.A.R. So thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. my fav game is mohaa, but not free :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. great reviews on great games
    followed for excellent post, please do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll definitely check out some of these, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to play CS all the time, I'll have to check out these games.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I gotta try these out. Back in the day, I exclusively played WolfsteinET. Great memories man,

    ReplyDelete
  19. CS is a great one, it's kinda like TF2 when it comes to replayability

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think i'll try the first one out, i'm kinda busy with league of legends and don't want to become a shut-in.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I use to play combat arms all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read and seen lots of stuff about Combat Arms. I was thinking of giving it a try to I found it it uses Hack Shield.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is an extremely useful post. I thank you

    ReplyDelete
  24. Since when is F.E.A.R. free? That's awesome though. The first four look like CS clones though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome list. I haven't played them all, but I've played enough CSS to make up for any that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. combat arms used to be good until every single person was started using hacks and aimbots

    ReplyDelete
  27. how did you get fear to be free? last time i checked it costed money. im just curious, i already own it lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahhh, haven't played CS in years. You're makin' me miss it :[ Nice blog though, love the fight club background. Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will try these out soon. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Counter Strike is the best. I remember playing it soo much like 5 years ago, I miss it. I am out of the loop on video games though, I knew what like two of these games were.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are my favorite first Person Shooter games on the Internet. I really excited to know about this all options for gaming activity.

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here