Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Microsoft Buys Skype for 8.5 Billion



Just published a press release from Microsoft says that the Skype software support the Xbox platform and sensor Kinect me "" good communication between users of x box live.

Microsoft says it will invest and support the Skype software, which will be part of a new group company called Microsoft b "," Division of Skype. The Sony laptop has supported the PSP with Skype software in 2008

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in the statement:

"Together they will produce real future communications, so that people can stay in touch with family, friends, clients and colleagues anywhere in the world"
This makes me think how good Google's investment in Youtube was, only over 1 billion.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be surprised if we also started seeing Skype-type chat start becoming available for facebook considering Microsoft's stake in that company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ok with this, I'm sure Microsoft can now implement it into new OSs and such and provide a great new service with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wewt! If MS makes this better I"ll be thrilled, if they start hiking up the rates I'mma be pissed. I'm really really really hoping for the former.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for as long as its free...

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here